HSR Case Study
The Case: A Fortune 100 health insurance provider seeking to acquire another company was racing against a regulatory deadline that would significantly erode the value of the underlying deal if it were missed. The U.S. Department of Justice issued a second request, requiring the review of nearly 8 million documents. Could it be processed, searched and reviewed in time? Or would the deal fall apart?
H5 Value: With our HSR Review Services team in place, H5 was able to complete all intake, processing, culling, review and hosting services in the span of 30 days to meet the client’s aggressive timeline:
- H5 received, processed and indexed the data, achieving a substantial 88% reduction in data volume through the application of de-duplication, filtering and search terms in just 6 days.
- Next, our expert search team designed, tested and implemented search terms encompassing 10 issues that would identify responsive documents; the applied search further reduced the remaining data volume by 40%.
- The responsive set was "rolled" into Relativity® throughout our process to enable the case team to conduct in parallel a second-pass privilege review of documents H5 identified as potentially privileged.
- Meanwhile, the remaining responsive documents were imaged in preparation for production.
- H5 met the client’s timeline and budget, and delivered a more accurate work product, thus positioning the client for success before the DOJ.