H5 at Legaltech New York: Attend Our "AI & Ethics" Panel!
A Legaltech Panel Discussion You Won’t Want to Miss!
We’d like our followers to know that H5 will exhibit at Legaltech New York (Booth 426), and we’ll also be co-presenting, with The Future Society at Harvard Kennedy School, a CLE ethics panel on February 1, from 1-2PM that we know will be of interest (complimentary pass available below):
“From Courtroom to Conference Room:
Legal Ethics in the Age of Artificial Intelligence”
An Emerging Technologies Panel
presented by H5 and The Future Society at Harvard Kennedy School
Moderator: Arthur R. Miller, NYU Professor, Legal Scholar
The Hon. Joy Flowers Conti, Chief District Judge, Western District of Pennsylvania
Nicolas Economou, CEO, H5
Anthony E. Davis, Partner, Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
Amy Mushahwar, Partner, Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
Julia Brickell, Executive Managing Director and General Counsel, H5
This distinguished panel will consider the ethical implications that arise for practicing lawyers as they, their clients and courts face the accelerating adoption of AI in this data-driven era. The panel will draw on guidance provided by the ABA Model Rules and will also discuss viewpoints of prominent think tanks, academics and standards-setting bodies. The panel will address questions such as:
- To what extent should society, with respect to its legal system, delegate to machines decisions that affect humans?
- What are the implications with respect to legal professional conduct and responsibility?
- How can legal practitioners, the civil justice system and society at large trust that AI is effective in the real-world legal applications for which it is intended?
- What ethical frameworks for the use of AI are advanced by leading think tanks and standard-setting bodies and how might this inform behavior and practice in the legal community?
- How can the civil justice system assure transparency and accountability in the use of AI?
For a complimentary pass, please register here: http://bit.ly/2D9S4EW
We hope to see you there!
Click here for more information.